There is a lot of terminology that we use in publisher marketing, but most of it is pretty straight forward once you figure out how it works. So as a simple guide, we wanted to share some of the common terms used on our platform to make it easier for you to get started.
Of course, feel free to reach out to our publisher managers if you have any questions at all!
- MID – Merchant ID, is a unique ID associated with a merchant or advertiser on our platform
- PID – Publisher ID, is a unique ID associated with your affiliate account
- Advertiser Sub - Advertiser Sub ID, is a unique ID used to associate certain transactions with individual merchants or advertisers
- Affiliate Sub - Affiliate Sub ID, is a unique ID which you can use to append affiliate URLs for your own tracking or reference purposes. Sub IDs can be passed back during conversion and click events to identify which traffic/user sources are driving traffic or converting
- CTR - Click-through rate calculated by using dividing clicks by impressions
- CR - Conversion rate, calculated by using conversions divided by clicks
- RPC - Revenue per click, this is calculated by dividing the total revenue by the total number of clicks. This is a good benchmark to measure your traffic quality and relevancy of your ads to your users (i.e. the higher the RPC, the better your traffic).